Monday, December 24, 2007

Conditions, Dec 24

Lofoten Islands today: Stormy. Rainy. And has been since I arrived. And long before that! But in every other aspect it is a wonderful place to spend the last week of the year. At the time of writing I am listening to one of my SDR-IQs in Kongsfjord via Logmein remote software and a 3G Mobile connection in my end. Typically disturbed conditions which means little else than the common Prairie stations (especially from Canada) and Alaska. When nothing else is heard, they are ok to listen to and the audio quality over the mobile phone connection is surprisingly good. A few audio drop-outs from time to time though.

Judging from page statistics my blog quite a few regular readers. Seasons Greetings to all of you, and to everyone else who happens to pass by this site. All this to the sound from CFCW Camrose and Jim Reeves' "Snowflakes"...

No comments: