Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Playing With The Excalibur Demo Software


The Excalibur software is downloadable from Winradio's download pages, working in a demo mode as long as the receiver has not been installed. It has a test signal on 15 MHz, as you can see from the screendump.

The initial impression of the GUI is quite good, although they try to put a lot of information into limited space. A good thing is that the program window is resizeable and that several "skins" are available.

The RF recording feature suffers from the same problem as the Perseus: No scheduled recordings. Third party software solved the problem for the Perseus, and I hope that a Winradio plugin, or a software update, will solve the problem for the Excalibur too. There is in fact a very able scheduler in the program, but it only handles audio recordings.

There are some really nice features once you dig a bit deeper into the software. I hope to see the receiver some time next week.

2 comments:

M .Van Driessche said...

Hello Bjarne,.I buy today the Winradio Excalibur for 780euro.I most wait to the seconds week of juli.So now Im just install. the software on the page of Winradio to my laptop .So I keep out ..........73, Maurits
Belgium

M .Van Driessche said...

Hello Bjarne,.I buy today the Winradio Excalibur for 780euro.I most wait to the seconds week of juli.So now Im just install. the software on the page of Winradio to my laptop .So I keep out ..........73, Maurits
Belgium